Newquay Pier BallyVaughan

Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:31 pm

4/0 pennell pulley rigs

1hour before and 2 after LW 8 to 10pm

Mack and sand eel

Raining and miserable lol

Fished about 50 yards left of the pier. Tide rips were crazy strong here and only had 6oz grips with me. I'd say if you went out further to sea along flaggy shore you could find better spots. There is great potential alot of crabs and oyster shells.
Got 2 doggies. Had to cut the Hooks in them as I couldnt notice the bites with the tide the poor lads.

Re: Newquay Pier BallyVaughan

Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:24 pm

Hi Woulfec

Fished there many times before, and for good reason did it around high or low water.
Low water produced bull huss and the odd ray (this is many years ago) and I am told that in season there is tope in the channel around high water.
Great looking spot but as you say, ridiculously strong tidal flows.

If you are fishing North Clare regularly pm me and I will give you a list of old marks... be interesting to see if they are still producing.

K

Sat Dec 15, 2018 7:43 pm

Hi Kieran.
Thanks for the info. Always gives hope. I will be returning in the summer to try the tope.

If I'm up there again I'll pm you and the few spots be mighty. You might join me too sure. Its very exciting fishing a new spot.

Thanks

Fri Dec 21, 2018 12:25 pm

Woulfec wrote:Hi Kieran.
Thanks for the info. Always gives hope. I will be returning in the summer to try the tope.

If I'm up there again I'll pm you and the few spots be mighty. You might join me too sure. Its very exciting fishing a new spot.

Thanks

Let me know when you are thinking of that side again - i have covered most of the ground around there
regards,

Brian

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:35 pm

Woulfec wrote:
Got 2 doggies. Had to cut the Hooks in them as I couldnt notice the bites with the tide the poor lads.

gemini disgorger?

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:55 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=kM6BP3T95ww

Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:57 pm

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8IXluu-QCME

Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:00 pm

Cheers never seen that before I have a forceps but not very useful when you can see the hook. It was very deep. Will invest.

Tue Dec 25, 2018 8:03 pm

CorbyÉire. Will do. I'd say it'll be March or April. Thanks.

Wed Dec 26, 2018 6:42 pm

Woulfec wrote:Cheers never seen that before I have a forceps but not very useful when you can see the hook. It was very deep. Will invest.

they are pretty good for dogfish :)

Wed Jan 09, 2019 6:48 pm

If anyone's interested in an evening session here or at the flats ballyvaughan, PM me
Thanks