North Coast

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:41 pm

4 decent sessions (4-6hrs each session) saw very unproductive results over the last few weeks. The whole first three sessions saw baits coming back completely untouched on the beaches of Benone and Downhill. The fourth session eventually saw two lone doggies landed.
Fished all stages and conditions - lw, hw, surf, no surf, bright sunshine, and darkness. Tried different points along the beaches too.
A few other anglers coming and going and persisting but i didn't see one angler land a single fish.
Was hoping for bass, flounder and turbot, got nowt.
Really nice to be out in the fresh air and at stunning marks but the fishing was grim.
Anyone else getting abysmal results elsewhere?
Scenic pics..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by chuckaroo on Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: North Coast

Tue Nov 13, 2018 8:46 pm

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:58 pm

Beautiful photos. Dublin Bay Area is quiet, plenty of pin whiting, heading to Wexford at the weekend to try for a codling and maybe a thornback. I will let you know what happens

Wed Nov 14, 2018 12:54 pm

great efforts charlie, galway bay is really strange at the moment. mack still available on the lure from the shore. pin codling showing up in plagues. loads of small poor cod and pout about - straps and bootlaces all over the place.

numbers there but nothing of any size at all. the flounders havent shown up in earnest at all?!?!?!

Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:20 pm

Great pics Charlie, a shame about the scarcity of fish. Those two doggies spewed up evidence of plenty of food about, just nothing there to eat it. As for me watching nothing happening, I could have done that at home. Didn't even notice the bites from the blank-saving tiny flounder! There seemed to be plenty of fish well offshore as the gannets were very busy.