clew bay Halloween night

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

clew bay Halloween night

Postby joe the junior » Thu Nov 01, 2018 1:23 pm

Been awhile since i put up a report , good pollack (60cm+) and Bullhuss (10lbs+) during the summer but poor beach fishing until last night.
Began my afternoon by digging lugworm in a sheltered spot to discover that it was TOTALLY destroyed recently by previous diggers. its not a very tidal spot and the push of water through the channels isnt too strong. sand was forked up onto the grass banks with trenches left all over the place! still managed plenty for my session. drove to another location and dug live sandeel and was rewarded with about 30.
Reached the beach at 5.30pm. lovely set of 3 waves and no wind. tide was incoming. traces were 3 hoook flappers.
Wasnt long before my first fish a turbot of 21cm. this followed by a 23cm flounder. went quiet for 25mins then the constantbites began. had Coalies, 38cm,36cm, 35cm and 28cm , 5 dogfish, another turbot at 23cm, afew more flounder one a specimen at 40cm which was very welcome. had 4 pin whiting and a 5 bearded rockling (21cm) finished at 9pm as the headlamp began to fade! must remember batterys the next time! wasnt too cold as a fog was present.
Joe Chambers
2017 (35 species)

2018 species: whiting, coalie, flounder, turbot, plaice, dab, sea trout, thornback ray, dogfish, sandeel, Launce, Mackerel, Pollack , Bullhuss, corkwing wrasse, ballen wrasse, rock cook wrasse,Cuckoo wrasse, grey gunard,tub gunard,Red Gunard, weever fish, 3 bearded rockling, Five bearded rockling, ling, common blenny , rock goby, conger, Pouting,silver eel, scorpion fish, scad, poor cod, mayo bass (35 species)

2019 Flounder, Dab, Turbot, Plaice, Pollack, Coalie, Pouting, Whiting, Codling, 3 bearded rockling, Sea Trout, Dogfish, Bullhuss, black goby, rock goby, corkwing wrasse,Ballen Wrasse, cuckcoo Wrasse, Conger Eel, Shore Rockling, Long Spined Sea Scorpion, Lesser weever, common blenny, tompot blenny, bass, twaite shad, smoothhound, Dragonet, Silver Eel, Tub Gunard, Red Gunard, Gray Gunard,scad, thornback ray, poor cod

For this message the author joe the junior has received thanks: 2
chuckaroo (Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:38 pm), kieran (Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:29 pm)
joe the junior
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 90 times
Blog: View Blog (1)

Re: clew bay Halloween night

Postby kieran » Thu Nov 01, 2018 9:30 pm

nice session joe
hope to get out next weekend if this hurricane doesnt show!
will be seeking a silver fella ;0)
hope springs etc.

For this message the author kieran has received thanks:
joe the junior (Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:23 pm)
kieran
Site Admin/Owner

Have thanks: 445 times
Blog: View Blog (3)

Re: clew bay Halloween night

Postby corbyeire » Mon Nov 05, 2018 5:34 pm

Good to hear the catches, pity about the lug diggers, if that is where i think it is, its a very public place - bad news in the long run - did you have time to do a bit of back fill for the common good?

For this message the author corbyeire has received thanks:
joe the junior (Mon Nov 12, 2018 4:22 pm)
corbyeire
SAI Megalodon!

Have thanks: 680 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports