Kilcoole area, Co.Wicklow.

Sat Jul 14, 2018 4:36 pm

Friday 13th July
Rising tide, HT 12ish
18.30 - 22.00
Calm conditions
Lures

Lovely evening to be out and great conditions. The water clarity was superb and great for lures. Started off with a Red Kilty at distance and was catching 1.5lb pollock every cast, great sport on a light set up. After a while I got a great hit on the Kilty and a great run, it was a decent Bass but it threw the hook and was off, nevermind. Continued on catching Pollock and then I got another big hit and this time it was on and running and I landed a beautiful fat fin perfect Bass of 5lb plus, unhooked and sent back. I take all trebles off my lures so it's easy to unhook fish and you lose a lot less tackle in weedy spots. Continued on after that with a fiish crazy sandeel. I hooked a very big seatrout 10 minutes later. I got it in close enough to see it was around the 5lb mark, however it managed to throw the hook too as it jumped out of the water, great hit though, the fish went bananas, I knew there was a chance it would come off due to the lure size and the small mouth. Anyway that's fishing, another great experience and memory. Great session overall and can't complain.

Re: Kilcoole area, Co.Wicklow.

Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:38 am

great fishing Richie well done!

Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:42 pm

Do you take pics at all Richie..?

Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:08 pm

Eoghan wrote:Do you take pics at all Richie..?

I did Eoghan yes, I have them on my instagram, always seem to have problems uploading here.

Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:24 am

Ah nice one, whats your tag..? Im eoghanbass (how original). :-)

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:01 am

Fished same area yesterday, incoming tide, quite good conditions, nice chop on the water. Tried SP', lipless K10 Minnow, Zonk, Maria Chase and nothing with those. Tried the old reliable green Kilty and got a few Mackerel and a schoolie Bass, I missed a good one on a Wave worm later on. Cheers.