Switch to full style
Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing
Topic locked

Tag a Ray

Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:09 pm

Does anyone know how it went? I haven't seen a thing on FB and the TBSAC website doesn't seem to work anymore. Thinking of heading down but don't want to go blind.

Re: Tag a Ray

Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:26 pm

where was this mate never heard anything, was going to for a ray this week .

Tue Jun 05, 2018 4:10 pm

It's in Kerry. I've not heard anything.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:51 pm

Yeah, Tralee Bay, was supposed to be 26th and 27th May but almost like it didn't happen, heard NOTHING.

Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Fishing was very patchy I think there was around 92 ray tagged over the two days from the shore and boat.
I fished the bay the whole week with very poor results. I’m heading back down Thursday so hopefully things pick up abit

Fri Jun 08, 2018 9:58 pm

I fished the area for 5 days last week (the week immediately after the Tag a Ray comp) and it was patchy. I did catch sting ray, thornback ray, tope, bass and flounder. It might sound good but no fish over 5lb weight, although a decent variety.

There must have been a lot of anglers fishing the comp because Landers tackle shop had run out of all the frozen baits for ray fishing. Luckily I already had a bucket of live crab, but could only supplement that with poor quality macky from a fishmongers.

Lot of line snags on one of the popular points on the south side of the bay, caused by oyster bags washed inshore and half buried in the sand - very annoying!

Cracking weather and great for the sun tan
Topic locked