Switch to full style
Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing
Topic locked

Stilly pier

Sun May 06, 2018 8:57 pm

Well lads after several setback, busted radiator in the car, I managed to get a run out. I headed to a deep water swilly pier to chance an early ray, with high water about 11pm I was set up and fishing around 8pm. First cast and I was in with the blank saving doggie on the new reel so it's officially christened. Second cast a nice wee thornback ray around 2lb, happy days busy night ahead but alas it wasn't to be, as the tide slackened off around high water the crabs came out in force. So I fed them for a few hours before another doggie was landed, this was followed quickly by a tap tap then the lead broke out and headed down tide, lifted I to a nice weight and the way it was using the tide to kite I could tell it was a better ray and it was around 4lb. Cast out with renewed hope but nothing else touched my bait so around 1am I ran out of bait and headed home.

Re: Stilly pier

Mon May 07, 2018 8:42 pm

nice to see that spot starting to give up some fish. have not been there for some time owing to cancer treatment,will be out soon.

Re: Stilly pier

Wed May 09, 2018 1:53 pm

Maybe not a busy night but two rays make a nice start!
Topic locked