Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing
Topic locked

Carlisle pier cork 10/03/18

Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:11 pm

Date : 10/03/18

Tide : low water up

Bait: lug mackerel squid

Result : dogs and Coalies.
With winds around d 4-5 southerlies yesterday I decided to try fish Carlisle pier as I haven't been there in years . Hell of a walk down. Lots of thorns but if you wore some thick pants wouldn't be too bad . Ground is incredibly slippy so do not try in anything other then boots.

Fished into darkness. No fish when the sun was up.

Got 2 dogs on mackerel and coalies on everything.

Had one rod out scratching but just kept getting coalie biggest maybe a pound and a half.

One rod out looking for ray and only got 2 dogs .

Baits where being destroyed by coalies. Could see the tip bouncing away but wasn't able to hook any After that happened 3/4 times I gave up . Wasn't sitting there feeding the piranahs any more.

Has anyone fished Carlisle from the shore in the last few months? Any results.

Re: Carlisle pier cork 10/03/18

Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:26 pm

Which side of the harbour is carlisle pier ? i thought it was only camden pier was accesible

Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:12 pm

Just before fort Davis in whitegate there is the calor plant. You park next to the disused storage area and there is a path down behind it. Basically opposite side from Camden but not the barracks piers . It's around a little further towards whitegate

Mon Mar 12, 2018 2:37 am

Ah that’s good to know! It’s a place I always wanted to fish but wasn’t sure about how accessible it was , is the barracks pier accessible at all? Or is it even fishbale ... I fished on whites bay before but only had a couple of dogs off it.

Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:48 am

As far as I'm aware it's off limits. White Bay can be great. Have had my most bass in a single session there. I usually fish it on over low and on the rising tide just so I can get a little closer to the channel

Wed Mar 14, 2018 3:14 pm

Great little back up venue when weather is crap.Plenty of smaller rounds and can produce small dabs also.One thing to watch out for though are the shrimp/crab pots which can be a nuisance if you want to cast over 30 yards at times.

Wed Mar 14, 2018 5:11 pm

Great little back up venue when weather is crap.Plenty of smaller rounds and can produce small dabs also.One thing to watch out for though are the shrimp/crab pots which can be a nuisance if you want to cast over 30 yards at times.

Ya thats the only reason I decided to make the trek to it . Wind way blowing force 4/5 southerly so it was nice and sheltered.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 9:37 am

This is what the bottom looks like.
Good winter spot, no big fish but you'll never blank with the right rigs
The channel can get very busy at the week-ends with the boat fraternity and they no problem about coming within 20ft of the pier.
Fishing rod what fishing rod :x

Untitled.jpg

Thu Mar 15, 2018 10:45 am

Nice map Donal.Out of curiousity is Corkbeg still out of bounds access wise.With all these easterlies it might get a look in soon.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 12:07 pm

Donal.i believe this is currabinny pier. I was considering heading there but was unsure how close some of the moorings were so I left it alone. Also wasn't shlure if the fishing there especially with the amount of rain at the moment . Might give it a go the next day.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:51 pm

Corkbeg is open to public if gate is locked you can get key at security in refinery.if no one in security there is a phone on right pillar on gate pick up will put you they automatically to control room they will relay message to supervisor who will bring the key to you

Thu Mar 15, 2018 5:16 pm

Thanks Stephen.I feel an outing us on the cards now.

Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:54 pm

Is corkbeg where they store the oil?
Topic locked