Switch to full style
Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing
Topic locked

beach blank

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:07 pm

Arriving at the beach I soon discovered that there was no lead packed :evil: :oops:, the only option then was to turn around and go home again or to come up with an improvised plan. So, with combinations of a few wall tags and a radiator key thrown in for good measure, makeshift weights meant that I was soon fishing just fine.

The tide was half way out and there was little to no surf on the beach; my first cast was an hour and a half before dark and I fished into dark for an hour too. I fished this so-called 'golden time' (when things can supposedly start to happen on this beach) with 2 rods each baited with combinations of bluey and razor bound on. But all was in vein, my baits were completely untouched over this period and, with the cold getting colder and me getting more fed-up, it was time to cut my losses..

The only highlight of the short session was when a group or people turned up on horse(pony)-back to enjoy a trek along the beach.

Tough times
Chuckaroo
Attachments
P2044019.JPG
P2044018.JPG
Last edited by chuckaroo on Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: beach blank

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:13 pm

Tough luck Charlie, perhaps you should have stayed at home and bled all the radiators!

Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:31 pm

johnwest wrote:Tough luck Charlie, perhaps you should have stayed at home and bled all the radiators!

Cheers Paddy. Yeah, I probably should have.
Either that or have stayed at home and watched the football!

Tue Feb 06, 2018 5:04 pm

Nice one Charlie I have used worse weights than that and caught nothing but then again I always catch nothing/

Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:13 pm

fishing can be a pain in the backside - i braved gales and horizontal rain like an eejit for 3 coalies on thursday night - soaked to bone and still tired!
Topic locked