Carrig Island

Thu Jun 01, 2017 2:13 pm

Headed to Carrig Island with the last of the leftover bait from a couple of weeks back. I was told that it wasn't fishing well but decided to give it a go. Went to the west side of the Island and dug some lug. Started off at low tide with lug, then after an hour switched to mackerel, then tried sand eel to no avail. Only fish ( a three beard Rockling)came with the last gasp cast with two sand eel and a piece of mackerel. It was caught about an hour before high water, I always thought that they were caught at or either side of low water? It ways about 30 cm in length as gauged by measuring my flask later, don't have a scales so I don't know the weight. can specimen fish be gauged by length or must they be weighed as well? Not a great nights fishing but the Rockling saved the blank.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Carrig Island

Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:54 pm

certain species can be accepted by length and good quality photos - check specimen committee website - http://irish-trophy-fish.com/

Re: Carrig Island

Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Thanks corbyeire I had a look at the sight, it seems to be only shark species that can be accepted from photos. 1.75 lb is the specimen weight, i'll have to get a scales and co looking for the fish again....