Sligo Beach

Sat May 20, 2017 1:06 pm

First trek to this mark was about six years ago for a competition and I never thought about it since, but with my own transport nowadays I can go anywhere. Got to the beach and there was one lone surfer further down. It was giving showers so the lack of tourists was a bonus.
Tide was dropping and there was rows of thunderous waves crashing. Out with the 3 hook flappers , one was a clip down baited with full sandeels at distance and the other in close with mackerel strips. First half an hour passed and the rod in close got a knock, flounder at 25cm. Was my only fish from 3-6 and I was contemplating changing venue to a pier or wait for darkness but my bait was limited so I decided to stick it out. As the tide turned , so did the fishing. Next fish was a flounder at 34cm followed by a teabag turbot at 11cm! Fished till 8.30 and had a mix of flounder to 33cm and bigger turbot to 26cm. Ended the session with 4 flounder and 6 turbot.
-Joe

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Re: Sligo Beach

Sat May 20, 2017 1:08 pm

Few picsImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Sun May 21, 2017 2:28 am

Plump looking flounder. At least you got a few fish :) ya cant beat the "turn of the tide".

Sun May 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Nice fishing joe
Really nice flounder and turbot, great pics
8)

Mon May 22, 2017 11:27 am

Great fishing Joe! I was at strandhill beach yesterday and caught a small gurnard which is weird.

Mon May 22, 2017 12:03 pm

that 2nd picture looks like a brill - maybe its just the photo angle!

Mon May 22, 2017 12:31 pm

zeke wrote:Great fishing Joe! I was at strandhill beach yesterday and caught a small gurnard which is weird.

Really? That is strange? Just infront of the carpark or up past the dunes? Well done!

Mon May 22, 2017 12:33 pm

corbyeire wrote:that 2nd picture looks like a brill - maybe its just the photo angle!

Haha wish it was a brill, just the angle Brian!

Mon May 22, 2017 12:48 pm

Right side near the airport, surfers called it blue lagoon or something.