Turbot Tuesday Mayo

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:46 am

Monday and Tuesday, got off work and no college. The little brother wanted to get afew flatties as he has not yet this year and I didnt get the chance to bring him. Monday picked a beach with the sun splitting the rocks. My only dislike was the constant flow of tourists "catch anything? ,"what are you fishing for?" and of course the simple "are you fishing?" now I dont mind afew people but we moved well out of peoples way, there was dogs with no leads , children running past the lines getting caught and swimming and splashing inbetween the two stands. Now the beach is 2 mile long and the gap wasnt even 20 metres would they ever f*&k off. There was even one man who persisted that I had a fish on my line even lifting my rod of the stand?.... Ridiculous. Anywho.. Apart from that the fishing was actually pretty good. Plenty of nice sized turbot and flounder , the brother bet me with the biggest turbot at 28cm and the biggest flounder 31cm , ended the session With 22 fish between us including a small weaver.
Tuesday. picked a new mark that I never fished, remote this time with only one tourist. Fished from low water for 5hrs. One rod at distance one close in and the brother had one close in. First cast for each of us consisted of double flounders and trebles at the distance rod. Mixed in were turbos and I was suprised to catch my first two dabs this year one 25cm and a bigger 33cm following. Great session with 19 fish for myself and 8 fish for ryan! Wanted to get on the road before dark and home was an hour away, two great days fishing. Good to get them started young

Sent from my F3111 using Tapatalk

Re: Turbot Tuesday Mayo

Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:47 am

PicturesImageImageImageImageImage

Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:36 am

did you get that dab off cloy - great return

Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:57 pm

Great couple of flattie sessions there, nice one!

Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:36 am

Fine looking beach and a few nice sessions and pics. Good stuff 8)

Thu Apr 20, 2017 4:12 pm

Great report man, sorry you had people bothering you
Was up near Mayo myself fishing yesterday and was pestered by a couple wanting to take pictures of me for 'photography practice' :roll:

Thu Apr 20, 2017 6:38 pm

Teegerstk wrote:Great report man, sorry you had people bothering you
Was up near Mayo myself fishing yesterday and was pestered by a couple wanting to take pictures of me for 'photography practice' :roll:

Thank you teegerstk, how was fishing for yourself?

Thu Apr 20, 2017 7:23 pm

joe the junior wrote:
Teegerstk wrote:Great report man, sorry you had people bothering you

Thank you teegerstk, how was fishing for yourself?

Pretty bad, tried 2 spots over 2 days and blanked, oh well :lol:

Sun Apr 23, 2017 1:12 pm

Great report Joe. Great to see your still getting on with the tourists :P

Sun Apr 23, 2017 3:27 pm

[quote="joe the junior"] My only dislike was the constant flow of tourists "catch anything? ,"what are you fishing for?" and of course the simple "are you fishing?" now I dont mind afew people but we moved well out of peoples way, there was dogs with no leads , children running past the lines getting caught and swimming and splashing inbetween the two stands. Now the beach is 2 mile long and the gap wasnt even 20 metres would they ever f*&k off. There was even one man who persisted that I had a fish on my line even lifting my rod of the stand?....
You need a tee-shirt that I saw years ago, written on it was the logo "No, I haven't got Tourette's Syndrome; I really want you to #### off!"
Great session and report, I really like the treble turbot in particular.

Sun Apr 23, 2017 8:33 pm

How about this?
Looks like it would deliver the message :mrgreen: