The Hounds are in.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:02 pm

Had a four hour session on the east coast yesterday afternoon. Fish from the start. Whiting in trebles dabs 1dog and a couple of baby Hounds!!! 4hours= 40fish between two rods great fishing in my books. I don't know about anyone else but these are by far the earliest hounds I have ever seen. For some reason I can't attach any photos or smilies from the phone, can any of the mods advise on this? Will try attach later. At last just managed a selfie picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by JOHN1 on Mon Feb 20, 2017 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: The Hounds are in.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:36 pm

That's the earliest I heard of. I was on Greystones beach yesterday with the nipper, wasn't fishing, but it was like a summer's day, flat calm and the water was really clear. I heard there was a couple of blue sharks caught by a commercial off seven heads last month. Nothing should surprise us!

Mon Feb 20, 2017 12:49 pm

Water was close to 10c when I was out in the boat a couple of weeks ago. So you never know, if you had of raised your voice yesterday I might have heard you.

Mon Feb 20, 2017 1:49 pm

Hopefully its a better year for them

Mon Feb 20, 2017 9:47 pm

I taught it was a pretty good year for them last year . I suppose the more you put in the more you will get out of it.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 11:58 am

Found it a bit patchy last year compared to other years especially in north dublin they did not show on a certain mark which was very unusual,poolbeg was throwing up small hounds but that was nearly in june on i normally get them in april

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:06 pm

Nice one John time to start stocking up on the crab :wink:

Tue Feb 21, 2017 1:31 pm

I have caught small smoothies and tope all year off ennerilly beach over the years,it seems to be a nursery area for them.

Tue Feb 21, 2017 4:22 pm

paul skelly wrote:Nice one John time to start stocking up on the crab :wink:

Both taken on lug Paul.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:28 am

Great fishing session alright, I wonder did the hounds actually go away? Those wee pups are a class looking fish.

Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:43 pm

Cheers John, they are little beautys at that Size. It's hard to know as I said earlier water temp recent trip was near 10c so at that rate anyrhing is possible.