No Flounder, Just Foundered

Tue Feb 07, 2017 12:46 am

Was trying yesterday for some flounder since I had heard of a few nice ones caught recently at a local beach mark that I had never fished before, ..but none turned up...
Was actually quite happy with a nicely marked, and very decently sized, sea scorpion (anyone know if its a ssss or lsss?) and a wee seatrout in the meantime.
Windchill was insane, only a couple of minutes handling the rod or bait and the fingers were in pain!, thankfully I was able to sit in the the car right beside the rods.
Enjoyable session listening to the football, smoking fags and drinking coffee whilst all the time watching the rods and enjoying the view.. :) nice sunny day it twas.
chuckaroo
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: No Flounder, Just Foundered

Tue Feb 07, 2017 3:16 pm

30 cm, cracking scorpion fish, think you have to see them from the underside, to see how the membrane is attached to the gill plate to tell l from s!

Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:42 pm

It's a Short Spined S.S., evident for the info from this link: http://seaanglingreports.co.uk/index.php?topic=3298.0
Thanks Brian. Yip, I was well chuffed with it tbh :)
Last edited by chuckaroo on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:14 pm

No flounder, not even a bass, but I'd be well pleased with that ssss, and a nice wee sea trout too.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 9:43 am

Just noticed this now. Have you been back.

Fri Mar 17, 2017 3:23 pm

nobuzz wrote:Just noticed this now. Have you been back.

yip, went back one more time but still no flounder, baits were untouched over 5 hours. Haven't been back since