kilcoole bass

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:30 pm

went out to kilcoole thursday 4.30 high tide fished this beach for years and all i got was dogs whiting pollack so no high hopes. first 2 hours nothing. beachcasters using rag and prawns no bites on prawns. small whiting on rag. my son shouted fish on and wow bass, hecaught 3 schoolie bass on a spinning rod using rag .i casted in close on thr beachcaster and saw my fox rod bend reeled in and a lovely bass 40cms all released, best ever session in kilcoole.

Re: kilcoole bass

Sat Jan 21, 2017 11:45 pm

Well done on the bass, great days fishing.

Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:53 pm

tommy wrote:went out to kilcoole thursday 4.30 high tide fished this beach for years and all i got was dogs whiting pollack so no high hopes. first 2 hours nothing. beachcasters using rag and prawns no bites on prawns. small whiting on rag. my son shouted fish on and wow bass, hecaught 3 schoolie bass on a spinning rod using rag .i casted in close on thr beachcaster and saw my fox rod bend reeled in and a lovely bass 40cms all released, best ever session in kilcoole.

Well done. I had given up on Kilcoole a long time ago but still get drawn back hoping for something good. Where on the beach did you fish, how far up from the train station were you?

Mon Jan 23, 2017 5:19 pm

Well done on the bass hard spot to fish the best of times its very hit and miss