East Cork looking good/New Report Added

Wed Sep 21, 2016 8:49 pm

Quick report to get the Cork lads motivated

First winter run out last night to an East Cork beach. High water 20.55

First cast about 20:15 last cast 22:00

Fished two rods up to about 21:30 put away 1 as it was hard to cope. Twice both rods were reeled in with fish on the trace and no bait ready. :oops:

Result 5 dogs, 3 small painted ray and a 40cm cod.
best bait was crab

one of the ray
SMALL PAINTED.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: East Cork looking good

Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:25 am

Nice one Donal, I was out on a beach in east cork last week myself had a few nice flounder but nout else. There are cod showing about though. I was out on Monday and got a few around Roches from the boat. Fingers crossed...

Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:11 pm

Well done donal nice report

Thu Sep 22, 2016 9:34 pm

there plenty of fish around currently we went out last saturday caught some ray in east cork biggest 8lb painted :)

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:44 am

Back to the same venue again last night from 20.30 to 22:30. When I set off there was a nice breeze blowing but by the time I got there the wind had gone and the sea had calmed. Not the perfect conditions for what I was after.

First cast a lump of crab on a 1/0 pennell-pulley, after a few minutes a single knock on the rod followed by the same again a few minutes later. Them I didn’t need, :twisted: they are like rats gnawing at the bait, too big to get it down in one go, they twist and turn ripping off small bits at a time. Then the more familiar knock and in came the first dog.
1st DOG.jpg

The second rod had a 2 hook clip down on and baited with crab. The same pattern of bits on this also a few single short raps and a few minutes later a good hard lunge. Reeled it in and the two bright eyes light up on the top of the surf a dog followed on the bottom hook with a strap conger aka the rat :lol: . The sure know how to make a mess of a rig.
DOUBLE.jpg

A tip for anyone who uses a loop and cascade on their clip down rigs, have the loop a different colour from the snoods. The length of the loop do not have to be exact so in a tangle I just cut the loop, in my case the red line, and make a new one.
2nd DOUBLE.jpg

Much the same for the rest of the session
LONE DOG .jpg

COD and DOG SINGLE.jpg

Ended up with 5 dogs, 3 strap conger and a 31cm cod and a wet phone. Curse you people who want photos of fish. :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fri Sep 23, 2016 10:41 pm

[quote=. Curse you people who want photos of fish. :lol:[/quote]
Anyone in particular? Regards, JohnWest

Re: East Cork looking good/New Report Added

Fri Sep 23, 2016 11:10 pm

Making me jealous Donal, could a while before I get a trip to Cork