slade wexford

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

slade wexford

Postby jaygo » Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Weather sunny
bait rag and crab
low water
As its been poor all around decided to have a go for anything that swims today on the lrf gear dropping it down the fillets had small wrasse almost every cast the best going about a 1lb great fun on the light gear...few mack about but not my type of fishing again like the hook the rubbish left lying about is unreal...there was even half a rod I kid you not...cans..bottles...rig wrappers all the noddy anglers all mack feathers these people need f.....g...ended the day with one last cast and hooked a decent Pollock.only to.loose it in the kelp....

Going to.try a mark ive found for mullet tomorrow. Couldn't believe the size of some of them..but so far only managed the baby ones around 3lb...some must be close to 10lb but crafty as hell

For this message the author jaygo has received thanks: 3
corbyeire (Thu Aug 25, 2016 8:27 pm), keem (Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:53 pm), mickser (Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:53 pm)
jaygo
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 17 times

Re: slade wexford

Postby CarlowCelt » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:33 pm

Was down there two weeks ago with my son. The fishing wasn't great, couple of small pollack. However it is so depressing to see the state of the place. Spent 10 minutes cleaning up the area we were fishing. To be honest you could have spent a day there and there would still be rubbish to pick up. Don't know what the solution is, but something has to change and this can't go on. Just can't get my head around how you could be in an area of such natural beauty and just want to shite on it! Sorry for the rant..

For this message the author CarlowCelt has received thanks: 2
corbyeire (Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:47 am), MC (Sat Aug 27, 2016 10:37 pm)
CarlowCelt
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 5 times

Postby jaygo » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:44 am

I fealt the same way...I picked up over 20 rig packets discarded mack feathers beer cans and various. Other bits of shite..speaking to a local lad he seems to think its the polish lads...but it doesn't matter who it is it needs addressing as the area is outstanding for some p...ks to s*** the place up....
jaygo
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 17 times

Postby Teegerstk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:09 pm

Agreed the place is a mess, good spot too
They get a few bass there in september
2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports