Postby corkconian » Mon Aug 15, 2016 5:22 pm

Who : Myself
Time: 12:30 to 3.30
Bait : Macks
Rigs : Pennel Pullys
Tide : rising, hw at 2:30
Wind: 15kph
Species : Pollock

Well decided to go a little west and see how the fishing was down on the Beara . Decided to go to Dursey sound. Arrived just after 12:30 fished to the left of the pier. Thought that today was going to great as there where kayakers out fishing and 2 lads at the pier . Places one rod just on the edge of the eddie and the other halfway. Unfortunately i got all my bait back just as it had gone out every time. Only fish i caught was on a 12g shore black minnow and it was a pollock maybe 1lb . From what i could see there where very little fish being caught by the kayakers . I think i counted 4/5 pollock and then they went out too far . All and all it was still a good day.

For this message the author corkconian has received thanks:
MAC (Tue Aug 16, 2016 12:34 pm)
corkconian
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 130 times

Re: Dursey Sound

Postby quagmiresdad » Thu Aug 25, 2016 10:54 pm

Hi corkonian, that was myself and Davy that were fishing the pier,it was a quiet day with just 2 strap conger and some small pollack. 2 others in our group fished below the cable car and had a conger estimated 25-30lb but could not get it up over the rock edge.seamus McNamara was fishing round the corner for pollack and had a decent one.an interesting place to fish,does it fish well in the dark?
Alan
quagmiresdad
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 28 times

Postby corkconian » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:22 am

Hi Alan,

Not too bad. Id say that conger would of felt even bigger in the current . I have no idea about how it fishes at night . I never fished it before.
corkconian
SAI Bait Ball

Have thanks: 130 times

Postby justinb » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:49 am

myself and a friend fished there before at night. roughly this time of year actually and it was far better. the bigger fish defo came out at night and we caught afew different species aswel.
we looking at going back down in a week or so too.
justinb
SAI Lug Worm

Have thanks: 1 time

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports