Waterford Harbour 26/7/16

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Waterford Harbour 26/7/16

Postby Teegerstk » Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:14 am

I haven't been fishing in an while, so I made a plan for a quick session this week. I needed to christen my rod so the lug was bought and I headed down with me dad to a handy pier mark - a 5 minute drive to a venue where I can scratch for a few fish and have a small chance of a smoothhound (according to the local club members anyway, and not to that lug :wink: ) isn't bad at all! It didn't look good throughout the day with a westerly wind blowing a hooly but it had died down a small bit by the time I set off. With a HW at around 10pm we were fishing at 7 o'clock. Nothing showed up for the first half an hour but a couple of taps on one of the rods presented a mini flounder that must've been under 20cm - back he went!

There was nothing else except a bigger flounder at around 30cm for the rest of the session, although it was good to get out (as they say)!
All fish put back

2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab

For this message the author Teegerstk has received thanks: 4
corbyeire (Wed Jul 27, 2016 1:35 pm), MC (Wed Jul 27, 2016 10:38 pm), nicefish (Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:56 am), Sweetwrasse (Wed Jul 27, 2016 9:31 am)
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports