Donegal Bay - 8th - 13th July 2016

Mon Jul 18, 2016 4:46 pm

Great Weekend spent fishing in Donegal Bay.

Types: Spinning , Beach and Float fishing

6 days of V.Highs and V.Lows . Spent the 6 days trying a combination of new marks and old marks along Donegal Bay.It went From having a fish on both rods and constant bites to not even getting a bite for 7 hours (after a 1 or 2 mile walk to the spot) but you keep reminding yourself that "That's Fishing for Ya". Some good new marks have been spotted and noted on the Sat Nav for a session in the coming weeks.

Highlight of the trip was finally landing a Ray which I have been hunting for a long time without going to the known marks. A couple of hours after high tide, when I hadn't had a bite for 2/3 hours off course is the time that the ray made an appearance. Truly got the fishing trilogy reminder Patience , luck and perseverance paid off in the end. Caught the ray using Mackerel caught at St.Johns the previous week tipped with squid.

Also previous day to the ray I caught my personal best Pollack 3/4lb a couple hours after high tide very close to the shore on slow retrieve.

Please view the link below for a collection of quick snap photos from the trip, I don't like using the interface on the site and clogging up the page.
https://sway.com/m7GCKAG3b6FiTVZq

Re: Donegal Bay - 8th - 13th July 2016

Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:41 pm

Pretty Ray, looks like a Homelyn from the picture. Well done!

Tue Jul 19, 2016 3:13 pm

Nice little spotted/homelyn ray there. That starfish, I got one of those recently and from the same place, never got one like that before.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 4:03 pm

Cheers for the comments folks.

My brother must have caught 4-5 Star fish over the weekend. Didn't think they where bait nibblers. We tapped onto two rays that day but unfortunately that camera battery died for a photo.

Bass is next on the hunt :)