Postby Teegerstk » Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:14 pm

March 19th
Who: Me
Tide: HW @ 2:47 PM
Duration: 2 hours
Bait: Ragworm
Traces: 2 and 3 hook flappers, 5oz grip
Results: 2 whiting and a tiny codling with worms

I arrived down on Passage Strand around 2 hours before HW and set up my gear. 3 anglers were fishing beside me. I saw a nice dab and a somewhat decent whiting landed but for me it was whiting and a codling with that worm infection reported in other posts. It was bitter cold but I was saved from the blank

March 22nd
Who: Me and my little brother of 11
Tide: HW @ 5PM
Duration: 2.5 hours
Bait: Rag
Traces: 2 hook flappers, 5oz grip
Results: 2 3-bearded rockling, and a smallish codling

Got the brother out and he caught his first fish. I asked him to come along as I saw him eyeing up my gear and felt sorry for him. He has a crappy 1.25m rod and he was happy to practice casting for a bit while I set up my rods.After I brought in my codling he wanted to try out the 8ft rod, so I set him up and he casted out. A few minutes later we see a sharp quick tug and then a few small taps. He reels it in with my help and he gets his first fish; a 3 bearded rockling. He was over the moon! :D A bit jealous, I rebaited and casted out again and got a rockling myself; I wasn't going to be outdone. I reeled it in to show him but his attention had drifted elsewhere, he was daydreaming looking at the sea :roll:

All in all, a quiet session but I was very happy to see my brother catch his first fish :)

2019 species: codling, whiting, flounder, dab, dogfish, spurdog, sole, smooth hound, bass
2020 species: codling, dab, whiting, flounder, dogfish, turbot, smooth hound, bass
2021 species: flounder, black goby, dogfish, smooth hound
2022 species: dogfish, smooth hound
2023 species: flounder
2024 species: dab

For this message the author Teegerstk has received thanks: 2
donal domeney (Tue Mar 22, 2016 9:16 pm), nicefish (Tue Mar 22, 2016 8:56 pm)
Teegerstk
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 226 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports