Re: western Storm Beach, Mayo 10.1.2016

Mon Jan 18, 2016 10:09 am

seank wrote:Two nights out there this weekend not as much as a tap. :/

Well I did warn you that it was a remarkable effort to catch a bass - the conditions that evening were ideal and it is a very localised population.

I have a lad doing his mocks over the next few weeks but have pencilled in first weekend in February as the next possible session, weather permitting. Start looking at other beaches, further north... there's some with real potential there. :wink: Alternatively we can look at north Mayo...

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:18 pm

Last edited by chuckaroo on Tue Jan 19, 2016 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:19 pm

chuckaroo wrote:
kieran wrote:it is a very localised population.

What does this mean?

Mon Jan 18, 2016 11:21 pm

kieran wrote:..it is a very localised population.

What does this mean?

Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:22 am

Sean

I did warn you about your expectations...! The conditions were ideal the last day and we hit a spot people have not tramped to in a long time. The only thing that might make a different is having fresh dug lugworm, full of scent. If there is a bass around, lugworm is a great bait to use in a cocktail with mack. Razor a distant second.

I'll be back in circulation in early February. Let's target a day into night session the first weekend in February. Others welcome if they want to come along...

Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:37 pm

kieran wrote:Sean

I did warn you about your expectations...! The conditions were ideal the last day and we hit a spot people have not tramped to in a long time. The only thing that might make a different is having fresh dug lugworm, full of scent. If there is a bass around, lugworm is a great bait to use in a cocktail with mack. Razor a distant second.

I'll be back in circulation in early February. Let's target a day into night session the first weekend in February. Others welcome if they want to come along...

Ah I know you Kieran. I not expecting to come across one again any time soon. But I am going explore the beach more. Night session first weekend in February sounds great.

Fresh lugworm for sure next time.