dunservick harbour

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:34 pm

Me , costa, dave.

Fished from high rocks behind harbour. just droping strait down.
Were driving around all the marks in the north at low tide to see what they were like for future ref.

Took carp rods and some rag just to try for a few minutes at each mark. most marks were small whiting.

But dunservick had a few not bad pollock very dark on the back but nice best 2lb so better then i been taking.

Other of note was white park bay sea trout.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:37 pm

sea trout should be appearing from most north coast surf beaches at the minute, apparently quite a few were caught at benone at the weekend
dunservrick should give good wrasse and pollack fishing in the summer.

dun

Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Is it wierd for pollock this time of year is it early.

This why i like the forums didnt know it norm for trout this time of year as today was about looking and learning water craft it always good to learn more .

thank you mate.

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:06 pm

hope all the sea trout where returned alive as it is illegal to keep them unless you have a licence to fish for them.??? :wink: :shock:

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:29 pm

Aye, Now you tell him! (Twice!) lol :lol: 8)

Tue Feb 07, 2006 9:59 pm

dont know about benone, wasnt there myself, just heard the report on the fishing.

meet

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:54 am

All returned as always i fish for sport not prizes or food.
for when the last tree is cut and the last animal butchered and the last fish taken from the sea. remember you cant eat money or prices.

Cant remember who said that but true.

Now thats deep. lol

Re: dun

Wed Feb 08, 2006 11:12 am

[quote="pookie5488"]Is it wierd for pollock this time of year is it early.

if you find deep water then you should find pollack all year round,we`ve had some of our best shore pollock fishing in the past two months.they should be spawning now at deep water marks and we found last year they were feeding well at the same time.

Re: meet

Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:17 pm

pookie5488 wrote:remember you cant eat money

I will tell my 3 year old :wink: