The Ledges, Red Bay 05 Feb

Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:36 pm

People: Me, the bro and the nephew

Duration: 1300 - 1800

Tide:HT 1630

Weather: Calm, light SW 7'c, no rain

Bait:Rag, mack, sandeel

Rigs: 3 hook clip down, 2 hook clip down, 2 hook pat and pulley pennels. And some pollock lures on spinning rods

Results: 2 pouting (undersize)

Report:
We fished The Ledges today, it was the second GADSAC outing of the year. We started off fishing at distance, all baits were being returned un- touched. We then changed over to spinning pollock lures - no luck with either.

Tackle loss was heavy all day and I got through 5 rigs :evil: :evil:

We were nearing the end of the day and I decided to fish the kelp 10 yards from the shore - this proved more successful and I had several good knocks but was unable to land them.

I landed a pouting with about a minute to go, unfortunately it was only 24cm - 1cm under size. No points again :oops: :oops: :oops:

When we got back for the weigh-in, it was clear that the other club members had done well with over 30 fish caught between 10 anglers.

Well done to Jim who won the event, closely followed by Jonny & Stevie.

GG

iceland special deals !!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:22 am

Special deal in Iceland this week, coalfish £8.00 buy two get a flattie free.

Can't believe I caught a fish and eddie did not, maybe thats why he didn't speak to me all the way home.

Well that was handy as I couldn't reveal my fishing/shopping secrets to anyone. :wink:

Watch out johnny and jim !!

One today, maybe three fish next event. (all depends on iceland offers)

well done all at GADSAC.

Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:45 pm

Good to see one eyed Jack catching!!! :shock:

He managed to double his fish count for last year with this one outing :lol:

Brilliant Fergie.

Can I ask 1 question? How are you going to keep it alive until the next outing?? You may as well get your moneys worth!! It's a long way to Iceland :wink:

Re: iceland special deals !!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 8:29 pm

I'm going to help him to unload his fishing tackle from my car the next time 8) Then drive off at high speed so that i don't have to fish next to him 8)
CUS HE'S A BLOODY JINX :evil:

Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:47 pm

Aye - there were a few grumpy faces at the weigh in last night :cry: :cry: :cry:

I just missed some points by 1cm - well fecked off :x :x

One eyed Jack - I know a few managers of Iceland in Newtownabbey - I'll see if they can arrange the offers to cover our next trip up to Kinnego.

At least Kissafish and One eyed Jack have some points on the board - N&G and me have only got our appearance points :oops: :oops:

Until next time......

GG

Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:34 pm

You have also been watching Father Ted :D Great idea :idea: Lets have our next years venues on Craggy Island 8)
A Level Par :twisted:

Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:30 am

Well there is still other venues to go. Tight lines for Kinnego.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P :P :) :) :)