1st.casting meet in the north.

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:09 pm

not a bad day but a very chilly wind blowing down the beach,20 rods and a good days crack had by all.special mention to k2 who increased his distance by 100 yards ,lee was casting pendulm by the end of the day with reasonable distance achived.andy was also improving with the off the ground cast,all the guys have work to do on there technique and timeing but i am confident it will improve in a short period of time.everyone had an enjoyable day and got to cast with some rods they had never used before.special mention to sean and benny for takeing the time and haveing great patience to go through things with everyone.hope to see you all at the next one keep practising the improvement will come.cheers john.

Re: 1st.casting meet in the north.

Sun Feb 05, 2006 7:49 pm

beachcaster wrote:not a bad day but a very chilly wind blowing down the beach,20 rods and a good days crack had by all.special mention to k2 who increased his distance by 100 yards ,lee was casting pendulm by the end of the day with reasonable distance achived.andy was also improving with the off the ground cast,all the guys have work to do on there technique and timeing but i am confident it will improve in a short period of time.everyone had an enjoyable day and got to cast with some rods they had never used before.special mention to sean and benny for takeing the time and haveing great patience to go through things with everyone.hope to see you all at the next one keep practising the improvement will come.cheers john.

Nice to see a turnout..raging i couldnt attend got a phonecall at 6.30am this morning with my cover at work falling through :( :( ..will make it my number one prioroty to get there next time..

Stephen

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:00 pm

beachcaster wrote:.special mention to k2 who increased his distance by 100 yards .
Exageration of the month award goes to Beachcaster.. lol, I added about 40 - 50yds to my casting distance, exceedingly happy about that... Great day, Great Craic, Good Company, plenty of slabbering... love it.. thanks to Sean, Beachcaster and Benny

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:12 pm

K2 Xtreme wrote:
beachcaster wrote:.special mention to k2 who increased his distance by 100 yards .
Exageration of the month award goes to Beachcaster.. lol, I added about 40 - 50yds to my casting distance, exceedingly happy about that... Great day, Great Craic, Good Company, plenty of slabbering... love it.. thanks to Sean, Beachcaster and Benny

If you add another 40-50yrds on the next time you go it wouldnt be so bad

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:14 pm

I bet your gutted you couldn't go mate... :?

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:23 pm

:D

Great days craic :D

Cant wait till next one
Thanks again to Sean Benny and John

Andy

ps: possibility of some video footage appearing in the next few days, unless someone pays me lots of money not too :D

meet

Sun Feb 05, 2006 8:41 pm

I am gutted thought this post was for big casters so never read it. That will teach me!!!!!

I need the help so let me know next time lads.

Now i know k2 will have a comment so go ahead mate lol

Sun Feb 05, 2006 9:17 pm

good to hear you all had a good day and learnt something from it in the process, hopefully will make the next one!

Re: meet

Mon Feb 06, 2006 12:02 am

pookie5488 wrote:I am gutted thought this post was for big casters so never read it. That will teach me!!!!!

I need the help so let me know next time lads.

Now i know k2 will have a comment so go ahead mate lol

Oh Pooks, You know I'd never rake you! :)
It was good craic mate, Hope you can make the next one!

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:02 am

Once again, thanks to Sean, John & Benny for giving up their time to try to educate the helpless :lol: :oops:

Special thanks goes to Sean for being brave enough to let me try a few of his rods - think this could end up costing me money :lol: :lol:

Will definately be at the next one as learned alot in a matter of hours - hopefully the turnout will be better. In the meantime it's down to the beach to PRACTICE!

Lee

missed the boat !

Mon Feb 06, 2006 11:17 am

argh............fu**, typical , I was looking forward to this for weeks and then the missus had to work . :x

sounds like everyone had a good time and learned a bit into the bargain

but i am also very glad i wasnt caught on video :oops:

caught a wee bit of go fishing on Saturday morning , there was an article about tournament casting , interesting stuff , showed guys punting 175gms a phenominal distance with what looked like a effortless cast , followed by much reel twiddling and some huge birds nests. The backwards casting looked particularly "interesting" :shock:

bs