People: The bro, the nephew and myself

Duration: 10.00 - 18.00

Tide: High at 11.00

Weather: Lovely day!!!!

Bait: Rag, mack and sandeels

Rigs: Pulley, 2 hook booms, 2 hook pats & bombers

Results: 1 Dogfish

Report:

The weather was good today and the stinking hangover that I had cleared early so I was hoping for some decent action on the fishing front. How wrong was I?????? We fished the following marks -

Garron Point
The Ledges
Glenarm Breakwater

Not a bite at Garron Point - we floated rag and mack, spun with pollack lures and chucked baits out to 50yds - the tidal rip was horrendous and we lost a lot of tackle. We packed up after 1.5 hours and then headed to The Ledges.

Here we fished rag/mack up to 100yds out in the deep water, we had a few bites but no takers. Packed up after 2.5 hours.

We finished off at Glenarm Breakwater and here we finally got some action, lots of bites and I finally landed a nice doggie at around 2.5 lbs. I would liked to have stayed on for a few more hours but tiredness was kicking in so we headed home.

That is now two weekends in a row that the Antrim Coast has been fishing poorly, all the other anglers we met were not catching either......

Lets hope it picks up soon.

GG

Mon Jan 30, 2006 1:45 am

At least the dogs are start,n 2 bark again Gavin. haven,t seen one landed in weeks

why not try elsewhere

Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:10 pm

if the antrim coast stinks so badly why not try the south down coast ?

Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:25 pm

Or better yet... The East Down Coast? 8) :lol:

Tue Jan 31, 2006 8:44 pm

Co. Down is looking attractive at the minute guys....

I have been contemplating Donaghadee for a while now but I am worried that I might bump into that seemingly unstable local lad called K2 :lol: :lol:

I am fishing a comp at Red Bay next week and the next few weekends are tied up with the wife's b/day and work committments. Hopefully I'll head down that way in March.

K2 - I'll let you know when we plan to get down.

Cheers....

GG

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:13 pm

theres probably an exclusion zone at d'dee for all anglers.......belonging to resident mayor of the pier k2!!! :lol: :wink:

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:33 pm

I told ya's lads 15m2... The rest is yours if you want it... :lol:
All joking aside any time you Pro's are heading down this way gimme a shout... 8)

Tue Jan 31, 2006 11:40 pm

K2 Xtreme wrote:I told ya's lads 15m2... The rest is yours if you want it... :lol:
All joking aside any time you Pro's are heading down this way gimme a shout... 8)

K2 mate, the closest I'll get to a pro is by spending the night in Linenhall Street :shock: :shock: :shock:

I'll get in touch when I can get down to your neck of the woods - anything is better than the Antrim coast at the minute!!!

GG

Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:34 am

perhaps one thing to say for the dee pier, even if the fish are small at least there seems to be plenty of species! you never know, although im far from a pro i might come down and give it a chuck some night in the future, just for a change of scenery!

Wed Feb 01, 2006 10:25 am

Could be a option for the next meet ,make it a mini species night :lol:

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:41 am

K2 Charge them :!:

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:24 pm

good idea ronald, that was why i had suggested bringing one down your way, hopefully to give all the co.down and belfast men a chance to have one of the meets more on their doorsteps!
but the only problem being, are either bangor or the dee big enough to accomodate a meet?

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:46 pm

no, no, and thrice NO!!!!BALLYCASTLE HARBOUR ME THINKS MATEY!!!!!

Wed Feb 01, 2006 7:49 pm

but im suggesting venues in the belfast lough and surrounding areas, ballycastle isnt exactly there! :? :shock:

Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:10 pm

WHO CARES ,ITS FISH WE ARE AFTER.UNLESS YOU WANT TO FISH FOR STICKLE BACKS.MATEY

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:43 pm

beachcaster - you are just worried coz you need a passport to get out of Co Antrim :P :P

A change of scenery is what is appealing to me most of all and of course to meet the Lord Mayor of 'The Dee' - alderman K2 :wink: :wink:

GG

Wed Feb 01, 2006 11:54 pm

Keep licking up to him like that Gavin and he might just confer upon you the freedom of Donaghadee pier the next time you're down. :lol:

What I want to know is if he has internet access from the pier or does he have to go home occasionally to post stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 am

Sandman wrote:Keep licking up to him like that Gavin and he might just confer upon you the freedom of Donaghadee pier the next time you're down. :lol:

What I want to know is if he has internet access from the pier or does he have to go home occasionally to post stuff :lol: :lol: :lol:

ROFLMAO :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GG

Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:34 am

Not all the fish are small at the Dee ,you can get decent doggies at this time of year and plenty of coalies in the 1lb region ,prob bigger than most fish of beaches at this time of year :lol:

Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:13 pm

but how many does either venue hold comfortably?