Catch Report From "De WAll"

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:22 pm

Went out to de wall on saturday the 21st Jan. There were a few other guys about, but no one really catching anything worth going into any detail..a few small whiting ect. Bait was in the water about 10mins when the guys down the way pulled in a medium sized doggie. 5 mins later my rod tip started banging away and I brought a nice dog measuring around a meter.

I moved about 300yards towards the tunnel and set up camp for the long session to come. Basically from 5 PM to 2 AM I managed to get a personal best with that dogfish and a new species of a 10lb conger which I have been chasing for about a year now in Cobh. This was my second time at Monkstown. I had missed some good size congers at cobh one even managed to bend a 6/0 hook, but in the end it was De Wall that prevailed. I'm hooked.

Any other catches to report Guys and Gals?

De Wall

Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:46 pm

Nice one Dan

If you do a search using "De Wall" or "Monkstown" you will get all the reports - have not fished it in years and its getting to be an itch! :lol:

BTW, there is a format by which you can make reports which imparts useful information - you'll see it when you find the other reports.

tight lines

Wed Jan 25, 2006 5:42 pm

Dan,

Check out my post from a few days ago. I was at the wall on Sat as well we might well have passed each other!

Incidentally most of this stretch doesn't really fish well for codling after dark if that's what you were after especially up around the grassy patch. They just switch off at dusk with doggies, whiting and conger making up the numbers after dark.

Liam