EAST STRAND PORTRUSH 15.01.2006

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:40 pm

17 members Carrickfergus Beach & Rockers s.a.c. poor turnout for the 3rd leg master angler :cry:

5 hours /2pm to 7pm

incoming with good surf

dull with s/west breeze

rag, lug, mackeral

two up one down flattie rigs, clipped down three hook flappers and three hook ordinary flappers, no grips required

many small coalies, whiting, flounder and turbot caught only six good sized flounders weighed in i won the seniors with one flounder 36cms
chris todd took the juniors section with two flounders 35cms and 30 cms
in total i caught over 70 fish and the majority were over the ifsa size of 200mms needless to say our club sizes remained at 250mms flatfish and 300mms roundfish, a very enjoyable days fishing and kep busy all day with triple flats triple coalies doubles etc fish every cast even in daylight.
heaviest flounder 600grams caught by me :wink: thirty quid thatll do nicely thankyou :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:41 pm

oh ....you mean you won the money this week...instead of wee stuarty for a change???!!! :lol: :wink:

Mon Jan 16, 2006 8:13 pm

not that many good fish on it then mate?no dogs???and i dont mean the four legged kind.

East Strand

Mon Jan 16, 2006 10:13 pm

Wee Stu is in Paris thats probably why I won Phil : :wink: and no dogs big man dont think its the right time of year up there,
i had a great day even though it was all small stuff,
i thought there might have been a few decent Whiting about at distance but they didnt show.
hey Phil did you not lift any dogs at glenarm cos we were gettin them round the coner at carnlough last week

Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:12 pm

nah, only one of the other group got 1.
tried fishing them for a couple of hours but with the full moon out in force and no cloud cover i knew there wasnt much of a chance.
carnlough will always throw a few dogs up.as does the glenarm breakwater but the beach normally has more small stuff on it.