People:Me and few others

Duration:4 hours

Tide:?

Weather:Frezzing

Bait:mack,squid and sandeel

Rigs:three hook flappers

Results:two many Whiting and 1 coalie

Report:

Poor nights fishing by all standards however managed to break my new rod in with no birds nests 8) 8) 8)

Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:21 pm

well done mate and multiplier aswell no bother to you.

Mon Jan 16, 2006 4:38 pm

beachcaster wrote:well done mate and multiplier aswell no bother to you.

Not sure im casting properly or to far havent seen it in the light yet but no birds nests as yet which keeps me happy cant see what the fuss is about although i havent taken the breaks off. Put me down for your casting event im def up for it

Cheers

Stephen

Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:30 pm

Hi Stephen,

what type of multi did you get?

Don't let it lull you into a false sense of security, if you screw up a cast, they can be very unforgiving :twisted: :twisted:

Good luck.

GG

Tue Jan 17, 2006 9:47 am

glengormley-gavin wrote:Hi Stephen,

what type of multi did you get?

Don't let it lull you into a false sense of security, if you screw up a cast, they can be very unforgiving :twisted: :twisted:

Good luck.

GG

Got a 525 mag must say it feels great compared to the fixed spool gota greys s rod to match it feels great to. This might sound stupid to all multi users but it felt like it was going a mile then it just slows up badly maybe its my casting or the breaks anyone know wat it is?

Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:55 pm

itll all fall into place when you cast in daylight hairyconger! youll see for yourself :P ps wot greys rod did you go for?

Wed Jan 18, 2006 8:32 am

a wee tip stephen.

when you cast, don't drop your rod too far in front of you after you release.

If you imagine the face of a clock (12 being vertical), when you begin your cast, your rod will be at 3o'clock, when you cast, you move the rod from 3o'clock through 12 but stop at 11.

This results in a 'lob' but the line will come off the reel better than if you dropped the rod to 9o'clock.

Also you might want to losen the brake slightly but only do this if you are confident that your cast is ok - I suggest that you work on 1/4 turns of the brake until you get to the preferred setting.

Good luck

GG

Wed Jan 18, 2006 3:31 pm

glengormley-gavin wrote:a wee tip stephen.

when you cast, don't drop your rod too far in front of you after you release.

If you imagine the face of a clock (12 being vertical), when you begin your cast, your rod will be at 3o'clock, when you cast, you move the rod from 3o'clock through 12 but stop at 11.

This results in a 'lob' but the line will come off the reel better than if you dropped the rod to 9o'clock.

Also you might want to losen the brake slightly but only do this if you are confident that your cast is ok - I suggest that you work on 1/4 turns of the brake until you get to the preferred setting.

Good luck

Sounds like good advice ill give it a try gota be patient. GREYS-S phil it was the cheapest they had at 139.99 feels great

GG

Wed Jan 18, 2006 7:14 pm

the greyflex - s?
looks a good rod for the money, if its anything like the orion m2 was, itll be well worth the money!

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:16 am

BigPhil wrote:the greyflex - s?
looks a good rod for the money, if its anything like the orion m2 was, itll be well worth the money!

It feels the buisness compared to the plank i was using before hand thinking of getting something for heaier work over rough ground and stuff another penn 525 and rod? Recommend any?

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:46 pm

check some of the other threads, hairy, theres quite a bit of info and suggestions

Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:53 pm

Stephen,

check out - http://www.gerrysfishing.com/acatalog/index.html for some good deals...

GG

Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:33 pm

Standard price on Penn Surfblaster Ruff Stuff and 525 mag seems to be £225 and well worth it at that. Superb rough ground/heavy work rod. Teams up very well with the 525 mag.

Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:41 am

hairy ,look under ur question about f/s to multi in the tips +tricks section i left a reply which is probably the cause of ur reel dying during a cast.
rab