Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:06 pm

People:me and kstaff

Duration:about 4 hours

Tide:low up

Weather:cold, clear, strong southerlies

Bait:lug, squid, mac

Rigs:pulleys

Results:4 codling

Report:The night seemed perfect. Large surf but manageable. At the end of a 3 day blow. As we fished the wind fell away to nothing and ice was forming on the tripod. Everything was perfect (in my mind) :? for a fishing bonanza. Apart from having some trouble with weed on our lines all was good bar the lack of fish. Should we have left it till the next day, leave the sea calm off a bit or what???

Sun Jan 15, 2006 10:16 pm

well coaster the codling any big? Thinking of trying the flat rocks in dunmore for some cod. Heard of them to any size out there?

Mon Jan 16, 2006 7:02 pm

Well daven.
largest was a little under 3lb. the others were smaller than my baits. let me know how you get on on the flat rocks. never really fished there apart from a couple of good wrasse sessions.
Last edited by coaster on Tue Jan 17, 2006 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:07 pm

will do

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:21 pm

well coaster, didnt end up fishing dunmore. Went to tramore last night, fished the slipway by o sheas hotle. Lost count of the number of coalies we caught. Caught a pouting and a flounder aswell. Word has it there was a good few bass caught the night before at the same spot.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 6:32 pm

Well Daven.
Did you hear if the bass were any size? Not that it matters. I'm perfectly happy catching schoolies. Mad to get out for a couple of hours but wrote off my car last Sunday. hope to have a loaner by the weekend.

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:42 pm

sickner about the car! Best bass was 3lb

Thu Jan 19, 2006 7:45 pm

cheers for that. will keep you posted if i get out.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:06 pm

Went out to Tramore at 4am this morning (couldn't sleep a wink). After about 15 mins landed a 4.75lb bass. Stayed for a couple of hours with only a couple of small bites and no other fish.

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:08 pm

well worth getting up for. Might fish it tomorrow if the hangover isnt too bad

Sat Jan 21, 2006 5:16 pm

Well Davan.
Better than the alternative--Watching Rex Hunt on H&L.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:01 am

hello all.
any reports for Waterford? Just in after fishing with kstaff for the last 6 hours with only 5 Chinese fish to show for it.

Sun Jan 29, 2006 8:47 pm

fished the river yesterday. Didnt stay long. Was talking to a few lads down there. They had been there all day with very little to show for it. Have a few lugs left over so might fish the ramp tomorrow evening