Tue Jan 10, 2006 9:28 pm

People:me and the cousin Jonny

Duration:8:00pm-3:00am

Tide:going out

Weather:lite rain

Bait:mak,rag,lug and sandeel

Rigs:2 hook flapper

Results:1 codling and 1 whiting

Report:Fished Cushendun saturday 7th jan. Pretty cold, fishing not up to much, codling and whiting caught around 1am. Then moved to the rocks at Glenarm in the morning and got 2 small pollock and the cousin jonny lost a good fish around 3.30pm. I think it may have been a good spur dog ?????????????? but we will never no.....

Tue Jan 10, 2006 11:18 pm

what makes you think it was a spurdog??

Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:10 pm

I fish the rocks quite alot catching dogfish to about 3lb,small wrass, rockling,conger,pollock and coales. I had my boat out there the previous week, we hit 12 spurdogs, biggest was 6lb. They seemed throw there head about harder than a doggie. The fish was lost about 8 meters out where the rougher ground starts, he couldnt get the fish off the bottom in time. Just guessing the way it showed on the rod.................

Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:15 pm

perhaps was a small spur then or conger or huss perhaps?maybe a decent codling?
did you get much else on the boat?anchored or drifting?

Wed Jan 11, 2006 9:41 pm

Maybee.... Yes we had alot of mackeral, good fat 1lbers. Plagued with whiting biggest being just under 1lb. I was on the drift all day. The mackeral were caught near the salmon nets, couldnt beleive they were still about, it was good to get nice fresh bait.....