Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:43 pm

People:me and my dad

Duration:14.30----18.30

Tide:high--16.00

Weather:light s/ewind, dry

Bait:rag ,lug, squid,mussels,mack,white rag,+cockles

Rigs:1/0+2/0 pats (2 hook)

Results:13 whiting+ 1 coalie

Report:thought it was gonna blank,as not a single bite during daylight, but once dark fell bay was alive with whiting.

rab

Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:42 am

thanks 4 such a quick posting i passed and saw u on the beach i live just down the road and fish the bay quite a bit think i,ll give it a go sunday nite
cheers adam

Sun Jan 08, 2006 7:46 pm

Any size to the whiting ?

Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:32 pm

nah all between 6--8 inches, but hectic action, only in water 3 seconds + they were bungie jumping all over ur baits.
cheers rab

Tue Jan 10, 2006 6:38 pm

hi islandrockhopper,
was that u who pulled onto slip with ur lights on, should have come down for a yarn mate,also fished over at the big rock on the headland to the right towards skerrnigan point + cast into the bay out over the weed onto the sand+ got dogs+ coalies have u tried here and what did u get.
tite lines rab

brownsbay

Fri Jan 13, 2006 12:17 am

didnt get to fish due to work which was a pain, but hopfully this weekend where u in the van ? i,ll look out 4 u in future and come down 4 a yarn
cheers adam

Fri Jan 13, 2006 8:35 pm

islandrockhopper ever had any success on Ferris Bay

Sat Jan 14, 2006 6:34 pm

yeah the blue van adam what do yu drive i,ll keep an eye out, wheres ferris bay squalis is that the bay at the caravan site beside the golf club? have fished off the head land to the right +left of each side of the bay but never from the sandy beach
rab

brownsbay

Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:51 pm

ive fished the headland to the right of the beach lots plenty of doggies to b had throughout the year castin into the bay and spinning from the rocks in summer can b great sport , but really love fishing to the left at port muck ,u ve got to b carefull not to b caught out by the tide but there sum big pollock to be had(well i call 5lb a big pollock) on spinning gear. was gonna b out on suday but cant get any worms if its fine i might get sum squid and mackerel and give some where close a go
btw rab im in a white astra i,ll look out 4 u