Portsalon. Fri, Dec 30, 2005.

Sun Jan 01, 2006 10:55 pm

[b]People:Myself, Sandman and about 10 others of the LSSAC, South end of Portsalon beach.

[b]Duration:5hrs, 12:30-5:30

[b]Tide:Low water up

[b]Weather:Fair, slack wind and little surf

[b]Bait:Mackerel, squid, sand-eel, crab.

[b]Rigs:Basic 3 hook rigs

[b]Results:Me 1 flounder, Sandman 1 whiting. I think everyone landed fish (usual coley, pollock, whiting, flats) which was nice but nothing remarkable other than 1 plaice at 39cm and a fat pan filler.....

Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:22 pm

You mean to tell me that Sandman actually caught an actual fish? A whiting?? He didn't blank??? :)

He's having a great year so far then! :D

Tue Jan 03, 2006 11:28 am

Aye. And if it yawned, stretched and poked out its tongue all at the same time, it made the 20cm. Just....

Still, didn't end the year on a blank. Thank you, little whiting. :lol:

Have to say, the quality of the plaice and flounder on Portsalon appears excellent - there were some very fat fish caught (alas, not by me) the last Friday we were down.

That beach seems to absolutely die during the middle of the tide....

Tue Jan 03, 2006 7:27 pm

are they definately plaice that are turnin up on it?not orange spotted flounder? just seems a little late for the plaice.....or early whatever way you look at it?!! :wink:

Wed Jan 04, 2006 10:53 am

Had a quick look at it, fairly sure it was a plaice. Either way, at 39cm long and well over 3cm odd thick, a fine figure of a fish.

You sound tempted to take a run down, Phil....

Wed Jan 04, 2006 7:20 pm

you never know! if there are plaice arriving already then there is maybe another mark or two around the swilly perhaps worth a chuck! :wink: