People: Me and the bro

Duration: 14.00 to 19.15

Tide: HT 14.00

Weather: Calm, clear 11 - 7'c

Bait: Rag, Mack and Squid

Rigs: Pulley, 2 hook booms. feathers and bombers

Results: 7 Coalies, 2 Pollock, 2 Doggies

Report:

A nice day weather wise and a good opportunity to relax before the Christmas madness starts.

We headed down to Glenarm after an early finish from work, we stopped off at Angling Supplies in Larne for some rag and squid, the mackerel was left over from my last trip.

After a very quite start, I landed the first coalie (1 to 1.5lb) on a pully rig with a rag/mack combo at around 15.00, nothing else happened for the next 45mins so we broke out the feathers and proceeded to land 8 fish over the rough ground to the right of the harbour - great sport on light gear. Even the resident cormorent got a free feed by pinching one of the big coalies that I threw back into the water :shock: :shock:

The daylight soon disappeared so we returned to the bait rods but with little success. We then decided to change tactics to full squid baits. This yielded a large doggie each and with the scores at 6-5 to yours truly and a finish time of 19.00 I went home the happier of the Gavin Brothers :lol: :lol:

A very pleasant relaxing afternoon in good conditions for this time of year - just reminds you of what fishing is all about - de-stressing and forgetting about the humdrum day to day crap that we all put up with 8) 8)

Happy Christmas to all.

GG

Mon Dec 26, 2005 6:50 pm

Hi gavin. just want to let you know that someone is using your posts on another site. the cheeky bugger is even using your name :D :D :D :D cheers geo.

Thu Dec 29, 2005 2:33 pm

Absolutely disgusting mate!!!!

If I ever get my hands on that cheeky thief, I'll slap the face clean off his head!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

GG