Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:45 am

[b]People:myself and ronald

[b]Duration:4hrs,6:30pm-10:30pm

[b]Tide:low water @ 8pm

[b]Weather:flat calm

[b]Bait:herring,sprats and mackerel.

[b]Rigs:simple(1 hook pats)

[b]Results:4 shore rockling

[b]Report:headed down after big rockling again! it had looked promising as i had hooked(and lost :cry: ) 2 good fish within 5 mins of putting bait in the water,lost a conger on the boat rod then lost something big on the mini rod.It was over an hour before anything was caught,2 small shores each.not a great night but at least we didn`t go home with a cheque book and pen! :roll: :)
Last edited by Davy Murdoch on Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:12 pm

could you use lug or have you ever tried it there or on that side of the coast?

Wed Dec 21, 2005 5:02 pm

Hi endinburgheire we haven`t had much luck with lug during winter at bangor and tend to use fish baits.lug works better at D.dee or anywhere up the antrim coast.i would only use worm during summer down this neck of the woods,mostly rag.hope this answers your question. :)

Thu Dec 22, 2005 10:40 am

people:me

duration:7:30-10pm

tide:low water @ 8:30

weather:cold and calm

rigs:simple

results:1 shore rockling

report:not a very good night,only had 1 fat shore rockling and a few missed bites.

Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:23 pm

i take it all your fishing is done fairly close in here kmw? what is the ground like further out??

Thu Dec 22, 2005 11:24 pm

Ground further out aint worth your time.... Unless you enjoy plagues of Mini Whiting... Fish in the Rocks where KMW and R.S do... Thats where the biggies lie... 8) Thursday night and steaming... :P