Red Bay Pier 04/12/05

Sun Dec 04, 2005 6:29 pm

People:Jonny and me

Duration:10.30am to 3pm

Tide:High tide @ 1pm

Weather:It only rained between the showers.

Bait:Rag, Sandeel,Mackerel and Squid

Rigs:Flappers and clipped down pats. Size 1 & 1/0 hooks.

Results:Whiting, Coalfish, Plaice, tiny codling, edible crab and a cracking Mackerel :shock:

Report:Not great but not bad. Expected more but after talking to anyone who had been fishing round the coast, think we did better than most. Jonny also lost what he assumes to be a conger in the rocks - not bad for broad daylight!

Sun Dec 04, 2005 7:49 pm

Alright Lee?

your experience today adds to the allure of this mark.

If your pal had landed that conger, the pier would have ben well attended this week - for sure!!

I'm busting to get out for a spot of fishing - haven't been out since the last time I met you at Red Bay.

The Glengormley Club are meeting at Carnlough next week-end so we are heading out for that - should be fun.

GG

Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:19 am

Hi Gavin,

There are plenty of congers there. Have caught them there before, and met a guy there who told me that he had seen a 28lb eel caught on the pier. Not bad for a lazy mans venue :lol:

Lee

Mon Dec 05, 2005 11:42 pm

He he he he :lol: :lol:

Vert apt description mate. Especially at this time of year when the weather is bad!!!!!

GG

Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:54 pm

it was a conger the dam rod was goin crazy but hey it was a good days fishin and the mackeral was a big surprise