ballintoy wed 30/11/05

Thu Dec 01, 2005 3:00 pm

People:me and my father

Duration:15.00-20.30

Tide:high-18.30

Weather:dull/moderate wind s/se

Bait:crab,rag ,lug ,squid, mack, mussels

Rigs:2 hook pats clipped

Results:5 flounder,6 coalies,1 codling, 1plaice.

Report:all fish came during dark , beware a lobster stock pot about 50 yds offshore smack bang in the midde of this mark, left by some halfwit, its now about 20yds out as i nearly landed it before my line parted. in the back wash at the edge of the rocks.
the position of pot wouldn;t have been so bad if it didn;t have 40ft of slack rope drifting about in tide during dark

Thu Dec 01, 2005 6:55 pm

good to hear its starting to throw up a few fish, what bait did most of the fish come on , just as amatter of interest?

Fri Dec 02, 2005 12:14 am

alrite

i was the random guy that stopped off for an hour or 2 lol was meant to go surfing but lack of decent waves meant i could give the fishing a go up that direction. think i was talking to your dad!

glad to hear you ended up getting a few ill hopefully give another go in a week or 2 :D

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:38 pm

alright thompo,
hope to bump into u again for a yarn, look out for the aul boy or blue van,he said you told him of possible mark that could throw up a spur dog,where was this as by time he got over to me he had forgot, the memory just isn't as it was , nah just joking aul hand.
cheers rab

Fri Dec 02, 2005 6:42 pm

hi phil ,
was using cocktails made up of all the above baits,but lug,mussels and crab stood out, although the plaice fell to rag.
rab

Sat Dec 03, 2005 7:45 am

cheers rab!