Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:57 pm

[b]People:myself,neil and michael

[b]Duration:7:30pm-12:30am

[b]Tide:filling

[b]Weather:colder than a witches t*t

[b]Bait:rag,lug,squid,herring,mackerel and mussel

[b]Rigs:simple(single hook clipped)

[b]Results:6 doggies

[b]Report:This was the coldest night i`ve fished in a long time but was hoping the cold spell would bring the cod close in.no such luck! :( we had most of the dogs within the first two hrs but then it died off and we hardly got a bite after that.we finished up with 2 dogs each.very poor fishing but better than staying in. :)

Mon Nov 21, 2005 6:51 pm

some counting cod just over the 30cm mark were caught on the beach at waterfoot yesterday, and when i seen them i happenned to say to someone that the ledges should throw a few up as you are into deeper water there, but maybe not!!!! :lol: :?

Tue Nov 22, 2005 1:56 pm

Alright Phil,do the ledges fish better on smaller tides? the tides were quite big on saturday and i was wondering if that had something to do with it cos the conditions were pretty good and the water temp has dropped nicely so i had expected to see a few cod about.never fished there before so i dont know much about it.

ledges

Tue Nov 22, 2005 3:35 pm

I fished it 2 times this mnth and both times more taken after high tide on the fall. Dont know if thats norm but how it went for us.

Are you and ron going to the meet this fri mate

Tue Nov 22, 2005 4:08 pm

i`ll try to get on there again but its a hard place to get on to :roll: .very popular place.

dont think i`ll make it this weekend.is it balintoy? if it is keep an eye out for a string of pots just off the blowhole.i caught it 2 weeks ago and thought i had a bloody good fish on :shock: but it wasn`t to be :evil:

Tue Nov 22, 2005 6:39 pm

to be honest kmw i havent fished the ledges enough to know because it is very popular! only ever fished it during summer months and never took any heed to the tides.sorry!