The Wall Monkstown

Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:10 pm

People: Me and the lads from Monkstown SAC

Duration: 10:15am to 4:00pm

Tide: Low tide around 1:50pm. Coming tide +1hr most productive.

Weather: Dry but cold

Bait: Frozen lug tipped with squid, some peeler

Rigs: Pulley Pennel

Results: 5 codling - 4 less than 2lbs, 1 x 4lbs+

Report: All fish fell to lug squid combo despite the fact I had tried a few peeler.

Mon Nov 21, 2005 9:36 am

Presume thats you Paul, got your picture, Thanks! Should have gone, should have gone, should have gone.....!!! Next time were out, ill be paying extremely close attention to everything you do!

Mon Nov 28, 2005 2:29 pm

Fished the wall Saturday morning along with about another 10 anglers, I had 2 codling around 2lb, one whiting and 3 dabs great variety very enjoyable used lug tipped with clam. Some anglers on the grass patch had good cod must have been 4lb +.
Returned again Sunday morning and there must have been at least 15 more anglers there couldnt get the spot I fished Saturday, some fish around all small 8-9", didn't notice any one with good size fish, just didn't come in on this tide I presume.

Fish Finder.

Mon Nov 28, 2005 4:22 pm

Monday and Tuesday last week offered super fishing, Wednesday wasnt bad either. Had lots of nice codling to over the 3 lb mark but there were def bigger than that caught.

It was wonderful to hear the place had been trawled at some stage during the week. :evil: The difference was hugely evident, I was down on Sun morning myself, had 12 codling, kept 3, they would all probably have gone back but for the fact they had a 3/0 pennell rig right in their guts. Biggest one would barely have made 2lb. Majority of them were around the 1/2 to 3/4 lb bracket. Most lads I spoke to had the same problems, loads of small stuff around and not too much else. As opposed to good fish virtually every cast 3 or 4 days previous.