Lion's Head & Balscadden

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Lion's Head & Balscadden

Postby Wes » Mon Mar 08, 2004 3:37 pm

Sat 13th - 9am-4pm.
Lion's Head......Five rods being fished in total, squid and rag as bait. Was a beautiful day, and thats where it ends. There for about 2hrs without a nibble and the Speedboat Tour thingy came around and stopped so close to us that we could have easily hit the boat with a light cast, then he does a couple of quick circles and shoots off. Then it was quiet for about 2hrs, again without a nibble and 2 seals popped up....packed up and left.
Took a wander to Drumleck Point, but tide was going out, so didnt look appealing, quite shallow. Went to Balscadden against my wishes, stayed there for a couple of hrs, nothing. Headed home.
Wes

"A bad days fishing is better than a good days work"
Wes
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby George » Mon Mar 08, 2004 10:01 pm

Did you lose much gear when you fished the Bailly last week? Thinking about heading there on thursday. Lion's Head seems to be a bit of an overated mark. Were any of your rods past the 60yard mark because this is were some big dab are caught this time of the year.
George

Postby Wes » Tue Mar 09, 2004 9:33 am

Very rarely would I go to Lions Head, just thought id try it before the swimmers start to take it over. No, I dont really lose gear from the Bailey, I know the area fairly well. Casting wasnt bad, was hitting 80-90yds, no Dab though. You're headin there on Thursday? Was thinking that myself, well either Thursday or Friday. I'll leave it til Friday, make a nice start to the weekend. Possibly try Dun Laoghaire on Sat.
Wes

"A bad days fishing is better than a good days work"
Wes
SAI Sea Dog!

Have thanks: 1 time

Postby Lenny » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:14 am

Was there Monday 10am-3pm high tide was around 12:30 and also no bites. Fished mackeral, squid, and lug. That seal was doing its rounds also. :cry:
Lenny

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports