Deelis Strand, Camp, Co. Kerry

Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:31 pm

Right, either no one is fishing the Cork and Kerry coasts on this forum or no one is bothering to post up results so rather than sit here and complain about the situation I've decided to get the ball rolling myself. So here goes!

Date
05 Nov 2005

People:
Meself and John (me mate)

Duration:
15:00 - 19:00

Tide:
HW ~ @18:00

Weather:
Beautiful day, very mild with slight SW F2. Sea conditions were flat calm but water clarity was very soupy after rougher weather during the week

Bait:
Lugworm, AMMO Red Sandeel, Frozen Mackerel

Rigs:
1 up 1 down clipped rigs with sz 1/0 aberdeens

Results:
Very little action until the light started dropping despite the water being very coloured. Were not expecting much with such flat calm conditions - no surf. John managed a small silver eel in daylight plus 2 similar missed bites (on lug). Dogs started to show in no.'s as dusk approached and I landed a small huss (sandeel) around 4 - 5lbs at dusk.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:41 pm

where is this strand?
is it on inveragh?

Deelis Strand

Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:33 pm

I was one of 70 odd anglers that fished this mark in the Master Angler. How many fish were caught, :( a dozen if your lucky. Its no wonder there are no reports from these beaches.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:42 pm

if it was the 3rd session on this venue it was 22 fish for 82 anglers.18flounder,2 lsd, 2 painted ray.

please register yourself.............

Fri Nov 11, 2005 7:31 pm

That says it all, 22 fish for all those anglers, forget it.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 1:14 pm

Hi to you all i also fished the masters and although fishing was poor at that weekend i believe the weather was basically to blame , i will make a point of going back there as i believe there is great potential for so may species,
at the masters there was dogs, flounder, bass , cod, painted ray and holmyn ray
65 fish in th 1st session = 102 anglers, 171fish in the 2nd =93 anglers,
22 fish 3rd session 82 anglers
and by the way in the third session i lost the top section of my three piece penn rod so if any body finds it please let me know :oops:

Clare beaches

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:39 pm

At the moment I am having great sessions in the evenings after work getting some nice bass from my local stretches in Clare on the lug if anyone wants to know where the best locations bait etc just send me a pm I dont log on as much now as I live in the burren now and havent got my land line sorted yet.

Wed Nov 16, 2005 2:43 pm

I also agree with Stewart as west coast beaches fish better with a good swell or south westerlys.