Portaferry

Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:15 am

Id like to give Portaferry a bash if somebody could kindly tell me the best place to fish from. Spoke to a guy in a fishing shop in Bangor who told me that Portaferry was useless unless you fished in a boat. Dont know if a fancy night fishing on my own, never done it before to be honest. When is the best time to do it during daylight? Anybody shed any light on these points??

Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:52 am

What shop where you told that in? One gives better advice than the other as the guy in one knows alot more about fishing than the other.....

Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:36 am

if you click onto shore reports and look about 3/4 of the way down,click onto portaferry and scroll through the messages you will find a report i done as a guest-giving directions of how to get there and where to fish in portaferry. :lol:

Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:05 am

MA$ER,i have sent a private message for you,but i am not sure if you got it. :? i am going down on friday or saturday night if you want to follow me or get a lift with me.i will be going on my own so there is spare seats if you are interested.please send a message back to me if you are interested :P .will be leaving about 8:30 ish and going down for a couple of hours--weather permitting :roll: .if you want i can collect you if you are local,or you can meet me some where that suits us both.... 8) 8)

if you are interested send a private message with your tel. number to me ,or post a message here..(but don't post you tel. number unless it is in the privat messages)

Portaferry

Sat Nov 19, 2005 1:14 am

Mackers,
I sent you a reply there mate. I got two messages from you but was not sure if you had got my message. Unfortunately I cant do anything this weekend but its should'nt be a problem some other wkend. Give me a shout on this thred or PM me.

Cheers

Ma$er

PORTAFERRY FISHING

Wed Dec 28, 2005 4:31 pm

I was born and breed in Cloughey and then bad women and drink drew me to the big smoke...Belfast. I took up fishing around 6 years ago, and have fished only the Antrim Coast line. My parents and all my family still live in Cloughey and when im down i alway take a drive through Portaferry and look for the good spots to try and fish. Was down in the summer watched man and son fishing for the beaching mackeral. Would seriously love to fish Strangford Lough but dont know where to go......Is there anyone there willing to show me a few spots.............I love blasting out big baits looking for that counting cod with my Penn PPT Ground caster with 7HT, yet its hard to beat the light spinning rod with float for the coalies and wrasse.................PLEASE HELP............... :shock:

darkness

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:24 pm

Hi

because fish that rely on senses other than sight become less sensitive to the daylight and will move closer inshore knowing that most mammalian predators (seals, otters and humans) are in bed! It should be pointed out that fish that do rely on sight are less likely to be caught in full darkness.

HTH...

Wed Dec 28, 2005 6:53 pm

8) The Bottom Fishermans Pier at Portaferry has a Huge amount of Pollack, Coalies and Codling around it, some Rockling, Congers and Doggies are a distinct possibility. I've heard there certain spots that have a run of Codling over the winter but am yet to hear where they are! :shock: