guide to split/puck/devils rock, balscadden howth

Mon Feb 09, 2004 2:41 pm

Hi

Given the level of interets I have added a single page guide to the puck's rock at the following address on this side.

http://www.sea-angling-ireland.org/Mark ... 0howth.htm

If it is deficient in any way, please email me or post the ammendments or corrections here and I will try to get them up as soon as possible

Thanks, and take care on that cliff walkway!

Mon Feb 09, 2004 5:11 pm

Hi Kieran,

Thanks for all the details. Does the split rock get overcrowded durning the summer like Balscadden or is it relatively quiet even then?

Thanks,
Paul

Split Rock

Mon Feb 09, 2004 8:42 pm

Split rock is not packed at all during the summer as firstly not many people know where it is and of those that do the majority would not dare venture down a near sheer cliff face! Also many people think that the high or low rocks are better just because so many people fish there but this is not true.

Tue Feb 10, 2004 2:18 pm

Kieran,
Thank you very much for this detail. Excellent.
On a similar point, do you know of any spots around Balbriggan fish any way decent. I will be moving out close to there and would really like to fish if there is something to catch somewhere close.
Thanks
JK

Wed Feb 11, 2004 11:29 am

Top notch Kieran........I get alot of questions about it, now i'll be able to forward the link in future. Great stuff!
Last edited by Wes on Wed Feb 11, 2004 2:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.