Cushendun 29/08/2005

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:21 pm

People:Stuart Langridge, John Scott & Myself

Duration:7pm to 1am ( although Stuart muttered something about being old and slipped away about 11pm )

Tide: High tide @ 7.45pm.

Weather:Clear night with light WSW wind

Bait:Rag, Lug, Sandeels and Mackerel.

Rigs:Mixture of 2 and 3 hook paternosters.

Results:Species caught were Flounder, Plaice, Pollock, Coalfish, Codling, Whiting and Dogfish.

Report:Fish came in steady from first cast but really got going from dusk. The best Codling was caught by Stuart and measured at 35cm, average was around 30cm. Once darkness had fallen, the fish were caught at a range of around 30 to 50 yrds. To be honest we lost count of the number fish caught as they were coming in two at a time on a regular basis.

Anybody still need convincing to give this venue a shot??

Tue Aug 30, 2005 3:41 pm

IT CATCHES UP ON US ALL MAN

YOU FORGOT TO MENTION THE 300MM FLOUNDER I LASSOOED AROUND THE TAIL, DO NO HOW BUT I DID IT THE LINE WAS WRAPPED ROUND THE TAIL ABOUT FIVE TIMES, WHO SAID I WAS A COWBOY :oops:

Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:10 pm

Jammy comes to mind! :lol:

Sorry, how could I forget about that.

Forgot to mention, I headed round to Red Bay to have a go for the Congers till near 3am but no joy - maybe next time.

Lee

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:49 pm

lee, i told you that stuarty boy was a poacher!!!! :lol: :wink:

Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:24 am

You should have seen it Phil,

Poor fish had the hook in it's mouth, back fully arched and line tied around it's tail! Reminded me of a pig all ready for the roasting spit. :shock:

You still hoping to make it to the meet at Cushendun on th 16th?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:39 pm

all being well i should get down mate.

16th

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:33 pm

hi mind if i tag along on the 16th ?

Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:40 pm

It's open to everyone who wants to turn up for a nights fishing and a bit of craic.

Hopefully see you there.

Lee