Ramore Head Portrush

Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:28 pm

People:myself and fourteen other members of c.b.a.r.s.a.c.

Duration:5 hours

Tide: incoming

Weather: cloudy with bright spells moderate south westerly winds

Bait: rag, sandeel & mackerel

Rigs:rough ground rigs for bottom fishing , float rigs & spinning rigs

Results: ballan wrasse, cuckoo wrasse, corkwing wrasse, l.s.dogfish, conger eels, coalfish, pollock, and an unusual red mullet

Report: this was always going to be a hard venue for the members of the club especially with a large swell from left to right, however as members fished calmer more sheltered areas, the returns were quite good at the scales i won this leg of master angler with four species, and a mixed bag of nine fish including pollock, ballan , cuckoo & corkwing wrasse, the heaviest fish pool went to johnny gilbert who caught an 11.5 lb conger however the strangest looking fish was a red mullet caught by antrim angler johnah jones weighing 700grams according to the ifsa diary it was a specimen and there has been no irish record claimed for the species so i wonder if this might be the new record target to beat :wink:

Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:32 pm

forgot to mention wee stuarty also took the junior section with a good effort with 5 fish including dogfish , ballan wrasse and coalfish :)

Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:50 pm

good goin mate, the langridge duo strike again!interesting about the red mullet, what part of the head was it caught at?more info please.....!!!! :wink:

Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:08 am

some angler that wee stuarty man,good job he dont follow in his dads foot steps.!!!!

Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:06 pm

Hi stuart

There was a record red mullet claimed in 2004 , but that fish would beat it Check:

http://www.irish-trophy-fish.com/reports/pdf/2004.pdf

For the pics of the mullet

Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:24 pm

Thanks for that adam

Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:40 pm

u not for tellin us all then??? :cry: :evil:

Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:13 am

CLOSE TO THE BACK OF THE HARBOUR, VERY CLOSE IN
VERY VERY VERY CLOSE IN WHAT HAPPENED TO THE ALMIGHTY HAMMERS KID :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tue Aug 30, 2005 11:51 pm

youll have to tell me all next time i see you, and any more digs about my wee team and ill have to hammer you!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: