Fri Aug 19, 2005 6:56 pm

People:just me(most of the time)

Duration:2-3 hours every day for the past week

Tide:all states

Weather:mixed

Bait:rag

Rigs:simple

Results:100+ wrasse,a few small pollack,and a few red cod,

Report:wrasse fishing has been good this month but a newly tried mark has turned out to be EXCELLENT! first fished it with ronald about two weeks ago and had 24+ wrasse between us,biggest 3lb 14oz went to ronald and the average size was around 2lb.this mark has produced wrasse of 3lb + every time i`ve fished it and i had a personal best last sunday(4lb 1oz).fished last night for two hours on a filling tide,only had seven wrasse but all were over 1lb,average 1.5lb,biggest of the session was 3lb 11oz.
For anyone wondering why im not revealing where i`ve been fishing there is a very good reason.I was down at the `secret` spot last week and got talking to a fellow angler when he asked to my disgust if i`d ever tasted wrasse and said that he loved eating them.To me killing a wrasse for the table is nuts.Wrasse are a very slow growing fish(20 years to reach its max size)and if all over 3lb are killed then its going to be a good few years before your favorite wrasse mark has any fish worth catching. They are hard fighting fish that should be put back(ALWAYS).
If you do your homework you might find where it is but if you cant just remember all thats needed to catch wrasse is weed,rock and plenty of cheap leads. :D :(
By the way if anyone feels the urge to show off how strong your new rod is,DONT,they tend to break.I know someone it happened too. :lol: :lol: :lol:

forgot to log on

Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:00 pm

im new to this website and silly me forgot log on :oops:

Cooking wrasse

Fri Aug 19, 2005 7:17 pm

Put the Wrasse and a clay brick in a pot of water and boil for 11 hours, then ............eat the brick!

Fri Aug 19, 2005 8:04 pm

lol.....hmmm clay brick, Tasty.

Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:59 pm

I know a guy who once caught a 7lb+ wrasse from the pans rocks at Ballycastle and he took it home for the pan !! :shock:

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:26 pm

i didn`t know there was wrasse at pans rock.how long ago was that? it could`ve been a new irish/british record by now!! hope he choked on a bone. :lol: :lol: joking.but on a serious note thats why im not going to reveal my `wrasse heaven` mark.if there was a 7lber caught there it would be nice to know that it was put back so someone else(me) :lol: has a chance of catching it. :)

Re: forgot to log on

Sat Aug 20, 2005 12:47 pm

kissmywrasse wrote:im new to this website and silly me forgot log on :oops:

You Prat David....
Envy me, 2 hours til Rathmullan 8)

Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:38 pm

didn`t know there was wrasse at pans rock.how long ago was that?

It was caught about 2yrs ago during the summer. Plenty of good wrasse spots along the north antrim coast. But it's getting the info out of us locals thats the problem :wink: :lol:

Easy spot is Ballintoy, had numerous wrasse to over 4lb from there.

reply to guest!

Sun Aug 21, 2005 10:53 am

haven`t had a chance to fish balintoy,normally just fish there in winter.too many other wrasse spots to try this year and most of them around the north coast,you would need 3 years to try them all.theres not too many wrasse over 4lb down here but plenty over 3lb . :D

REPLY TO K2-
as for being a prat it takes one to know one drew, :lol: :lol:
are you still heading out this friday nite for a conger bash? i`ll even
pic you up cos im such a nice guy! send me a pm with your phone
No cos i`ll need to know which caravan is yours! :lol: :lol: :wink: