Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:41 pm

People:Myself and Paul

Duration:Four hours

Tide:Fours hours flood to top of tide.

Weather:Sunny, Hot and offshore wind.

Bait:Rag.

Rigs:Pullies and paternosters.

Results:Small flounders.

Report:Too nice a day for serious fishing. Water crystal clear and flat with offshore wind. Beach is fishing good in evenings / nighttime. Called in at Red bay pier to talk to some friends. About 20 people fishing for 2 plaice.

Sun Aug 14, 2005 11:25 pm

Hi Bill,

Know exactly what you mean about being too nice for serious fishing, felt exactly the same on Saturday when I was up there. I only got one Flounder for my trouble but was not bothered. Packed up just at a nice time too, started to pour down as i was walking off beach!

As for that horrible, hateful pier at Waterfoot - I pretty much refuse to fish it during the summer ( ducking weights gets tiresome )! Not a bad spot in winter though.

Hopefully see you in Whitehead on Tuesday.

Lee

cushendun

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:06 am

Does it fish ok in the dark at night or would i be waisting my time. looking good beach as taking a new start out and want him to have a chance for something

Re: cushendun

Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:51 am

costa wrote:Does it fish ok in the dark at night or would i be waisting my time. looking good beach as taking a new start out and want him to have a chance for something

Sure we did ok on it at our Last big Meet Joe... 8)

Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:15 pm

Fishs ok after dark.
Should start fishing during the day from end of this month onwards.

Bill

Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:08 pm

tends to fish better after dark, tho plaice can be picked up at distance during daylight plus flounder on scratching rigs in close

bait

Tue Aug 16, 2005 11:30 am

What have you found to be best bait on this beach and what can you catch

Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:41 pm

LUG OR RAG TIPPED WITH SQUID OR MACK. MAINLY DOGS CODLING PLAICE FLOUNDER COALIES