Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:28 pm

People:just me

Duration:45 mins

Tide:high ish

Weather:breezy

Bait:none

Rigs:feathers

Results:2 small pollock, 1 mack

Report:I was really just going to see if anything was being caught near the blue pool at portrush. Decided to chuck a few feathers off the rocks for a minute or two and caught 2 small pollock and one nice big mackerel. Walked around on saturday and saw small pollock being caught and one good sized one inside portrush harbour.
Loads of people fishing around portrush at the minute, anyone else got any reports of what they've been catching?

Wed Aug 03, 2005 5:45 pm

loads of mackeral and wrasse appearing around ramore head apparently, when we were going out on sunday past on boat thats where we stopped for our bait up the side within easy casting distance of the shore just on the harbour side of the sewer pipe. as for anything else, plenty of species but all very small.

bluepool

Thu Aug 04, 2005 6:20 pm

Myself and a few work mates fished the blue pool last friday from 4pm till 11pm......we couldnt go wrong for mackeral from about 8 till 9.30 we landed about 30 - 40 of them, 2 and 3 at a time on spinners and feathers.

Re: bluepool

Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:29 pm

steven wrote:Myself and a few work mates fished the blue pool last friday from 4pm till 11pm......we couldnt go wrong for mackeral from about 8 till 9.30 we landed about 30 - 40 of them, 2 and 3 at a time on spinners and feathers.

Where is the blue pool in portrush :?:
I know where the harbour is, But apart from that - I am lost :?

Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:48 pm

blue pool- the east side of portrush,the rocks on the beachside of the wee country side centre near the big landsdowne car park(basically beside the one big house and garden on the shoreline up that side of portrush, if you wanna try it and unsure of where exactly, call into flying tackle and theyll direct you down(handiest parking bath steet,turn in at northern bank beside kfc