Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:36 am

People: John & Julie Scott & me

Duration:3 hours

Tide: incoming

Weather: calm with light n/e wind

Bait:ragworm, sandeel , mackerel

Rigs: scratchers

Results: dogfish, strap conger, codling, pollock

Report: lovely evenings fishin julie caught her first conger, i took a nice red kelp codling 980grams john got the heaviest fish a dog weighing 1.200kgs , the eels were very small, a total of 16 keepers caught lots of missed fish due to location and lobster pots causing snags note bring plenty of terminal tackle to this venue as it is really rough ground

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:35 pm

How are you fishing Garron? Imagine it's something of a tackle graveyard even using rotten bottoms! Does range make any difference?

Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:50 pm

from my experience on the garron range doesnt seem to make a difference, its pretty shitty all the way out although you can find patches of broken/hard ground rather than pure kelp.i find rotten bottom pulley rigs work well on it.

GARRON POINT ROCKS 26TH JULY 2005

Thu Jul 28, 2005 1:03 am

Your right lee it is a tackle graveyard any fis you catch have lead poisioning, philip has the right info with rotten bottems however i make do with simple one hook rigs with usually a size 1/0 well up from the lead im talking four feet away on a pulley its worth losin tackle if you can pull decent fish, :wink: hey big phil lookin forward to seein you at the competitions to give ya a good bit of stick when i clean up this season, and lee hope to see you on 6th august for the wee carrick open

garron point

Sun Jul 31, 2005 6:26 pm

the fish would need to be thick on the ground for you to get them stuarty<suppose you dont take wee stuarty in case he shows you up again!!!!!!!

Thu Aug 04, 2005 3:33 pm

Got it in one beachcaster, wee stuarty is still the tops when it comes to the competitions , thats why im on the whack with him and not bobby 50% of all winnings, it definately works matey im a shrewd man with me head screwed on. :wink: :lol:

garron point rocks

Wed Aug 10, 2005 10:45 am

you always where shrewd stuarty rared on foxes milk!!!!what about the 2lb of rag you owe me ???