Cape Cod Ma usa

Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:18 pm

People:Myself

Duration:Hour and half

Tide:top tide ebbing

Weather:warm breeze overcast

Bait:calamari squid

Rigs:one up one down size 1/0 hooks 2 oz lead

Results:Fished my first time ever using calamari caught four fish two bluefish (some near relations of mackerel supposedly) about 2 1\2- 3 pound a scup and a gurnard the scup was about 10 inches long and the gurnard slighlt bigger.

Report:

Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:59 pm

Argh! :evil:

I was in Boston MA myself a few weeks ago and was all set to go out for a days fishing on one of the boats out of Glouscter (sp?) but the fellas I was out with aren't mad keen on fishing and went out on the lash the nite before meaning we all slept in! :evil: Would have loved a craic at those bluefish, seen a few getting landed at Ellis Island, NY. They seem to put up some fight for their weight!

Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:21 pm

Ya they are top notch fighters for their weight i had good craic with them. There is also top quality blue shark fishing out this way. The summer is long and i hope to target them they run big. I work on the ferry between hyannis and nantucket island i have seen some huge bass and bluefish being caught which is only wetting my appetite more and more. You'll have to sort your priorities :lol: :lol: