Malahide Estuary

Old Shore Reports are moved here for Public Viewing

Moderators: donal domeney, saltydog

Malahide Estuary

Postby keozer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:59 am

Went to Malahide Estuary for an hour either side of the high. Caught one decent size bass spinning with a wedge about 10 mins before the high. Nothing after that. There was a lot of weed about which made things a pain in the ass. Anyone know of any decent structure around this estuary?

PS Bass was released unharmed.
keozer

Postby MAC » Wed Jul 06, 2005 3:41 pm

Nice one Keoser. Were you fishing "IN" the estuary or off the beach at the mouth before it somes into the marina? If you were in the estuary itself there is plenty of structure at the far end near the river. I have never heard of a Bass from this spot, only sea trout and there are quite a few Mullet as well. Nice to hear of a Bass from the area. Most of the North side venues haven't got going yet.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Postby keozer » Wed Jul 06, 2005 4:56 pm

Was fishing from the Donabate side, walking the entire length. Got the bass about 100M up from the life guard hut. Where abouts are youtalking about by the river- up by the railway bridge? Where & what is the structure like. Haven't been around at low tide. Must make the trip. Is low tide worth it for sea trout? Dont suppose it would be up to much for bass.
keozer

Postby MAC » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:01 pm

I was thalking about inside the estuary. The river is the Broadmeadow. The sea trout fishing can be done this high up. High water and early in the morning is best. Your almost at swords here. There are a lot of Mullet as well though I've never tried for them. Might give them a bash on the feeder some time.

Kev
><º> ><º>

><º>
MAC
SAC Treasurer

Have thanks: 178 times

Return to Archived Shore Angling Reports